Summer time is here and so is swimsuit season! From waist-whittling one piece to fringe bikinis to add some oomph there are so many out there that it seems the only beach cover-up you’ll need this season is sunscreen! But what is the best style for you! Here are out top tips for what bikini suits your body shape.
If you are athletic or lanky…
- Trade athletic style swimsuit to something with ruffles to create curves and a fake hour glass figure
- A front tie is a great detail
- Anything red says sexy
- Forget the bandeau shape and go for something that’s bust enhancing
- Ruffles and bows will do the trick
- Gathering screams feminine
- Animal print gives you some va va voom
Bigger on bottom or apple shaped…
- Forget the bikini boy shorts that cut the thighs off in the wrong place and go for high cut bottoms
- A tankini is great as it lengthens you
- String styles so plenty of thigh is on show
- A deep vee will enhance and bring all the attention to your upper body
- Banded bikini creates support – thick edging and straps
- For a longer more elegant look on top toss the boring tank and try chic details
- Punchy hues bring attention to your neckline
- A ‘X’ pattern slenders and lengthens
- High cut bikini will show off your long legs
- Prints and cut outs are your friend
- Horizontal stripes break up a long line
If you have a little pouch…
- A ruffled waistband and can be adjusted to sit higher
- Chevron stripes slims you
- A ‘X’ pattern slenders and lengthens
- Retro cut works – high waited bottoms and bandeau top
Accessorising your look can break or make your beach look so make sure you don’t just have the perfect bikini! Complete your outfit with the summer essentials; sun hat, beach bag, flip-flops, cover ups and sunnies!
Ensure your feet are looking the part with a pair of funky flip flops! iPanema’s provide a range of fabulous flip-flops that are still provide comfort for those beach walks! A favourite of ours are these purple with glitter details on the strap, as seen on the gorgeous Radio 1’s Sarah Jane Crawford!
A beach bag is a must have over the summer months as you need somewhere to carry all of your seaside essentials including your books, kindle, mags, sun cream, water, sunnies and a towel! As good as the lightweight floppy tote bags are this year is all about the more fabulous and durable bags! This anchor detail bag from Only is great and even has a matching zip bag! Tassels are all the rage this year and gives a great bohemian look, this tan tassel bag will ensure you look stylish!
Cover ups are now everywhere and are a must have when planning your summer looks! Cover ups can vary from a pop on top, maxi dress, kimono and simple dresses! We love a kimono as they still show your gorgeous bikini while still giving you that extra cover and if it has tassels even better! Only also do a range of bright pop on dresses for just £9 which are perfect to throw on by the beach or pool. Another favourite is this number from Saint Tropez great to put on when going to grab some lunch.
Sun hats are great protection from the sun and can improve you summer look! Here are the 5 top hats for summer 2015!
Floppy – A gorgeous statement making hat with its large brim giving you style and extra sun protection!
Feminine Fedora – A tightly woven straw topper that looks great with everything from jeans to maxi dresses!
Borrowed from the boys – A distressed slouchy hat that the more it’s worn the better it will look! A perfect hat for your holidays as you can just toss it into your suitcase!
Western Vibe – If denim shorts and t-shirts are your style then this is the hat for you! Laid back yet totally sexy.
Pop of Neon – Neon is once again a colour of the season so why not sneak it into your wardrobe on a statement hat!
Also don’t forget to protect your eyes with style and bag yourself a statement pair of sunglasses! Favourites for this year are the traditional aviators, statement black wayfarers and funky cat eyes!
All we need now is for the sun to stay!